Works with Wine under Linux

I am aware of that this is out of scope for alpha, but I just wanted to let you guys know. The current alpha v0.41 works well within Wine 2.6 under Linux. I am running a x86_64 (arch linux) host with nvidia graphics and wine is setup to be x86_64 + WOW64 (default). In winecfg i use “Windows 7” as Windows version. I had to disable “d3d11” and “d3dx11” in the Libraries tab in order to have a working star system view. I’ll switch back to a real Windows so that my future feedback is of value to the developers.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, good to see it was possible at least :slight_smile:

:hushed: I’ll try that on a Debian

Just wanted to update that, works out of the box now with Outscape beta v113 and Wine 5.0 on ubuntu 20.04 :slight_smile:

Only the battle view spits some errors but looks fine.

1 Like

If possable you should check if it works well with proton within steam

I didn’t know of the Steamplay feature, only discovered it now. Pretty awesome.
Outscape doesn’t work with Proton 5.0-9 for me, it just freezes the whole system.
Proton 4.11-13 works fine as far as I can tell, had to tell Outscape to use that version in the properties.
All tested on Ubuntu 20.04.

1 Like

Great news @naib864
Planning to buy Outscape for a while, but wasn’t sure about Proton compatibility on Linux.

So, only the older version works, while the new Proton doesn’t. Wondering if they may have changed something about.

1 Like