Viewing Battles

this may have been posted but i can not find it, I am looking for what a in game battle will look like not a trailer vid a actual battle are there any out there? I want to know is do u control the battle or is it computer posting just what happened as in a ship took x damage, b ship took x damage destroyed, or is it hands on battling telling your ships where to go and what ship to attack?

Go to the share category. There are two recent video’s of battles from A2, will give you a flavor for them. You control the fleets until they engage another fleet. Your fleet settings by ship determine how they engage the enemy ships.

Battles are computer generated but you can watch them. I have a few videos of battles on my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TRIPNIZZLEDOG22

There will be more options to customize and strategize as the game develops.

Battles do now auto delete after 2 days in the new galaxy.

Ok I seen the vids ahhhhhhhh ok how does one say this and not offend anyone? is that going to be the end result of the battle scene ahhh, mind u this is my opinion only!, wow with the tech out there in the unity and unreal programming for me that is not going to get it at all, there are reasons I'm sure u are using it I'm not sure if u would agree with them at all so before I go to far with this will you be using this or is it going to change??? this is mainly to the game designers i guess.

Ok I seen the vids ahhhhhhhh ok how does one say this and not offend anyone? is that going to be the end result of the battle scene ahhh, mind u this is my opinion only!, wow with the tech out there in the unity and unreal programming for me that is not going to get it at all, there are reasons I’m sure u are using it I’m not sure if u would agree with them at all so before I go to far with this will you be using this or is it going to change??? this is mainly to the game designers i guess.

Disclaimer: I’m not among the handful of developers.

For a couple years it’s been on the table to add an elaborate priority system and possibly crews/captains/etc to influence the priorities mid-combat. The player would adjust what targets which ships hit and predetermines circumstances that direct changes to those priorities.

The reasoning applied was to alleviate offline players from getting wrecked by online players. There’s still an element in which the online player might have better control as he makes quick adjustments immediately prior to the encounter, bit that’s where I hope agents (captains 'n such) could override player-set priorities to improvise via AI.

If you have a job and you are in my corner of space and we are enemies - you do NOT want online operations during battles because you will not be able to win a war against me no matter your numbers. Because I don’t have a job.

The automated battle based on your fleet positioning and target priorities ensures that offline players have a chance in combat as online players even while they are at work or with family or on the pooper.

Do not discount the amount of strategy already there, though. Ship positioning is important or some ships can’t fire. Targeting is extremely important as you want to spread your damage out a bit to prevent as much overkill as possible. If you had 10 ships that could do 4000 damage per round and your enemy had ships with 2400 armor you need to split that damage or waste a lot of that first round. It might not sound like much but proper targeting is the difference between taking out battleships with frigates or getting squashed by those battleships.