Systems on path not revealed

I was testing what would happen if I sent some ships while offline to reveal territory…

Trajectory was bottom right to upper left… and it revealed nothing, and that may be due to being offline…

Fix required…

1 Like

It’s always been like that as far as I recall. Would have gaps in scouting on the main servers when offline anyway.

2 Likes

Similar thing happens when you set a ship to explore a planet and then log off, it will be marked as unexplored even if your ship is in orbit. It seems the data about what system/planet is explored or not is held client side and if you are not logged on then obviously it won’t be recorded.

Yeah I figured this also, if you are not actually on it cant send a message to the server to say that you’ve visited and the data you saw at the time…

I dont think this is easy to fix, gonna require server do a “what can i see”, radius etc and update records everytime it changes position, and thats every fleets for everyone…

The single planet, fly through while offline, I could live without… it could do an evaluation of all player fleets, when player logs in and record each location as a new entry…

For fleets flying through space… you could do a “last known online position”, “last alive or current position”, radius and work out what they would of seen… so everything in 2 end circles and a rectangle and update that when the player logs on. do this for arrayOfFleetsWhenConnectionLost

public eventLoggedIn () {

reconcileFleetsWhileOffline(player.arrayOfFleetsWhenConnectionLost);

}

Well it could also hold the data on the server side about exploration events and send it to the player the next time he logs on. But maybe that is what you were saying?