Syntis - Which planet stats to prioritize?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the game and decided to start playing as a Syntis. I’ve looked around, but most information is kind of old and not much detailed, so I wanted to ask everyone who’s still currently playing, which kind of traits should I look to colonize a planet?

I read a lot about big planets, but should that always be the main priority, even if the planet is bad in resources? Also what about landmass, is it important?

The things I imagine are important should be planet size, resources + density (although I’m not sure which numbers should we aim for) and also the quantity of desirable planets in each system.

Initially I’m looking for 10kKm size planets, with resource density with at least 60+ on 2 different resources. But I’m almost pretty sure I’m not choosing the planets right nor choosing the right priority.

Thanks for your time!

I think the priority for Syntis is:

• Get 2-3 “money worlds”. This should be large planets that you dual pop, ideally with Evolvians since that lets you get rolling with high pop very quickly but any race will do once you can arrange for the necessary structures to grow their population. (Your homeworld should be your first money world, though. Stack those depositors to the sky!)
  • Get some “research worlds” that should also be dual pop, large population for running research.
  • Everything else: in my opinion, go for convenience above all.

Like, what’s better:
20km 90% Farsu 80 light years from the nearest shipyard
or
6km 40% Farsu in the same system as your shipyard

I’d say the second one. You’ll appreciate it if you get into a dirty war. Syntis are uniquely good at deep mining everything and my biggest mistake in Main1 was underestimating the importance of deep mines. Deep mine early! Deep mine everything! 30%? Deep mine it! (Avoid dual pops on most of your worlds for this reason! It ruins the deep mining.)

Obviously prioritize bigger payouts but deep mines are slow to build and if your best planets are working on deep mines and you still have money in the bank then start more deep mines on lesser planets until eventually you are deep mining everything everywhere. Deep mining is to Syntis what cloaking is to Ripchee: it’s your superpower. Use it!

I also made the mistake of thinking that only large planets were valuable but for Syntis this is not true. You need SOME, which should be dedicated to money or research, but Syntis can do a lot with small planets and low density mines to create a very robust economy in a small space. As a bonus, that 6km planet with 90% Farsu that you’ve been deep mining for huge amounts of minerals will be absolutely useless for any invader that is not also Syntis.

tl;dr: don’t overemphasize large planets.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your answer @Slamz

So in the beginning, I hould find some big planets with lots of lands? And these worlds should be the ones with native pop, right? What about big planets without native pop?

What about small planets, 8-15kKm with natives? Worth for something?

Also, this deep mine for what I saw is a tier 3 mine, correct? Should I build these tier 3 mines in the money/research planets as well? or focus on the money/research and let the other planets for resources?

Is there a specific planet setup that is good to build a shipyard? Something with lots of Farsu, or a specific native race?

Thanks a lot and sorry for all the questions :slight_smile:

On skirmish1 my main priority was to colonize as many planets as I can to increase my credit income.

More planets => more pop growth => more pop => more income.

I made all of my evo worlds except one into research planets. The largest evo planet was (is?) my money printing planet. Organics really hate mines and synts do not have proper entertainment facilities, so mining does not work with natives all that well.

I also, put research on some of my low resources pure synt planets.

At the beginning just colonize everything. You can keep an eye on making sure you have beron, limbalt, zyril in a system so you can build up your research facilities so you are able to unlock planet limits sooner.

Also, squids! If you are lucky they have more than 0% land. (Land species only need 1% to survive) Later, when you built up your research you can abandon squid planets for better and bigger worlds.

You might want to keep decent sized evo and mountain giant planets. I found both really useful. And big harpy planets are okay too if they are in a good spot.

Big planets without natives are perfect for deep mining! (With high density resources)

Yeah, you can tax them at 100% for a few days. Pretty nice money boost in the early days of a synt empire.

You can build T3 mines on any of your planets without organics on it. They hate mines and you would need to spend a lot of resources to make them happy.

• Planets with organics: money/research
  • Pure synt planets: Anything you like

Mountain giants’ bonus reduces build times. So, that is a pretty good shipyard option.
Farsu limbalt and zyril deep mines in the system help a lot! Later, you can simply teleport resources between planets (inside the same system).

Finally, I have to add, I am no expert on synts or on the game in general. These are mainly based on my own experience. I happened to spawn in a peaceful area with no aggression. With hostile neighbours around my expansion would have been much slower because I would have to build proper war fleets.

1 Like

For my money planets, I focus all population on money. Everyone goes to work in the depositors or supporting structures. Research and mining you can spread around because it doesn’t “stack” – 10 research on 1 world isn’t any better than 1 research each on 10 worlds, but money is the other way around. You don’t want several dozen planets with 1 city center each; you want 1 planet with several dozen city centers (and absolutely maximum population – Evolvians or dual pop Ripchee).

Small planets with natives: not that great, unless you can kill them (e.g. you can freeze Evolvians off of a small planet if it’s worth deep mining there). Natives have to be kept happy and on a small planet you’ll waste too much pop keeping them happy, especially with any deep mining. Small planets with giants I might consider just because I love the reduction to ship build time. I always look for giants to put shipyards around. But a lot of my shipbuilding comes from “shipyard systems” – I generally colonize every planet in the system, deep mine anything worth anything and put a shipyard around every planet large enough to support one, then bring all my resources to that system.

1 Like

What is an “Evo Planet”? Planet with natural races?

So on planets with natives I should focus on Depositors or Labs?

Do you mean the temperature limits?

How to abandon a planet? I can abandon any planet?

What about big planets without high density resource, or small planets with high density?

Yes, Evolvanians.

I would do so, because synt Medicinal Happiness Centers are less efficient than Entertainment Centers so synts would need to dedicate a bit more resources to keep natives happy.

Both temperature and planet count limits.

You load everyone on ships with personnel transport modules. When the last pop is picked up every structure is destroyed on the planet. You will get some beron back on the planet’s surface but all credits will be lost. You could salvage expensive buildings before leaving the planet to save some money.

I colonized both types of planets because I didn’t want to spread my systems too far apart early on. On some of the planets I only built T1 mines to get the available deposits. Then, I migrated my robots to other places.

When looking at any planet, I primarily look for 4 things: max population size, resource output, useful population, and distance from the center of my empire (not necessarily homeworld).

You probably noticed that the 1st item overlaps a bit with the 2nd and 3rd but they do not necessarily co-exist. A planet of 0 landmass at -200 degrees will have quite a lot of overhead in comparison to most other planets and will cut into your useful structures for the purposes of farming (IE hydroforming and terraforming structures, military bases, ODS, and the like as these arent useful for anything outside of making the planet viable). Part of the idea is that if you have to build extra defenses for the planet, that cuts into the planet’s worth, though not entirely as you can still tax this population and they will also provide other benefits, hence the different categories.

After that, I calculate resources generated relative to the resources I can produce. If I lack farsu production, for example, planets with high farsu density have a higher value. After colonising a planet I will surface mine any resource with more than 25% density because its 3 times easier to surface mine with less effort to start mining and then I’ll just deconstruct the mines when I’m done, but otherwise, each planet will specialize in 1 thing whether its mining B or its focus is military, they are specialized. specialized does not mean that any planet does not also have military bases or multiple ODS, it just means it would not have a lot of labs and mines 6 months into the game.

many players use spreadsheets to run these calculations as the calculations are somewhat rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Do you have any spreadsheet you can share with me?