Syntis unemployment warnings

I think for Syntis this is a bug.

As syntis I should not see a warning triangle when I have any level of unemployment. I should see unemployment as green text at worst orange to signify I have colonists I could put to work…

That’s not a warning triangle its “Standby mode LED” for the excess Toasters…

Seriously good catch. As Syntis don’t suffer from Happy/Unhappy there is literally no point to the notification is there?

When toasters get bored they could start an uprising, and overthrow their evil overlords.

No just standby power saver mode. lol

Realistically, they would instead turn on a computation mode and assist in whatever calculations whether its research or logistics. They arent just toasters after all, they are also computers.

It turns out that Syntis really like poetry so while they could use their idle processing power for research or interpreting long range scanner results, they instead sit around and compose slightly inappropriate limericks and witty haiku.

"STATUS 0x7796FB: IDLE STATE. COMMENCING POETRY.
RIPCHEE INVADER
GENTLY SAILS INTO MY MINES
HA HA EXPLOSIONS

MANKIND IS A HORRIBLE MEATSACK
ANGRY THEY COULD NOT GET THEIR PLANETS BACK
THEY TRIED TO RESIST
BUT COULD NOT PERSIST
BECAUSE SYNTIS WOULD NOT GIVE THEM ANY SLACK

THANK YOU. UNIT 0xFF967B-0047C9 WILL BE HERE ALL NIGHT."

1 Like

Very flattering that you admit by omission that the peoples realm are in fact the pinnacle of interstellar empiredom.

Was that a routine originally broadcast by Ernest BORGnine…

2 Likes

A poem for kitties by Data.

1 Like

Good point, I’ve added it to a task we have to remove happiness related info for Syntis from some tooltips/screens which are also irrelevant and confusing.