Suspected Bug in Research Tree

Hello there,
I am having slight difficulties navigating the research tree due to what I believe to be a bug.
But see for yourself:

So long
Raya016

1 Like

Yeah I’d say thats a bug… :crazy_face:

Could you let us know your Graphics set up as I havn’t seen that one before myself so wonder if its hardware specific?

I’ve not seen that before. Could you try:

• Right-click ‘Outscape’ in your Steam games library and select ‘Properties’
  • Switch to the ‘Local files’ tab
  • Click the bottom button ‘View integrity of demo files’

Hi there again

Upon starting the game just now the research tree is being displayed normally again.
Also the tutorial windows for the research tree appeared (which didn’t happen before, I just didn’t notice) when opening the research window.

@joe It just fixed itself, I did not execute the “View integrity” step yet.

@Zathabar: I’m running the game on 1920x1080 Fullscreen, on ‘high’ graphics settings in a 2-display setup. Ingame, “Volumetric Fog” and “Vertical Sync” are enabled and FPS are set to 100 (didn’t change the settings).
My setup:

So long
Raya016

P.S.: Also I just wanted to say I really like the music!

2 Likes

Since the second image wasn’t allowed in the first answer:

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it started working.

It’s not something we’ve ever seen before. If anyone else has come across this before please let us know.

Just wanted to add the following, for anyone who might also be experiencing this problem:
I was able to start researching (though somewhat trial-and-error-like) by clicking just outside of the numbered squares in the research window. The hitbox for the research items seems to be a bit larger than the square boxes themselves.

Also: Wohoo, I’m finally the first in something :smiley:

1 Like

Believe this was from looking at the get_parts command. Was looking through whats changed and got the same display issue. @joe

I wasn’t able to reproduce the above display issue on the tech tree using the ‘get_parts’ command - but it did trigger an error for me (not the first time I ran it, but the second time). I’ve created a bug for it, hopefully something related to that command will explain that display error. Thanks for posting.

Can’t get it to do it today. I initially entered the command window to hide debug info as I had an error pop up. Wish I had taken note of what the initial error was but I don’t think the tech tree was bugged until after I entered the debug/command console.

Got triple error after re-logging into the game from the lobby(Had a unknown fleet enter radar range and it didn’t show the player/fleet info) and used the hide debug info command. Tech tree was bugged after. @joe

Several errors today and random disconnects. Went to lobby and reloged from there and got an error right away so used hide_debug_info. Noticed the messed up tech tree a bit later.

Technology name in two big rows… nice.

Wondering about the 38% researched as it’s nothing to do with whats currently (75% 7hr 10 min) being done. Might be the percent of time savings for my labs? The same info pops up for any research.

Thanks for the update on this, I’ll get the devs to take another look and see if they can work out what’s going on.

Has anyone seen this happen without using hide_debug_info from the console?