Support Module List

size: S? M? L? // name: self destruction sequence // effect: the equipped ship doesnt leave a wreck after combat

size: L // name: fleet shields // adds +1000 shields to ships within 800m?

size: L // name: fire coordination // increases damage of ships within 800m by 20%? stacks but works only on Battleships hulls, like cloak / decloak just on corvettes

other suggestions:

odis:
size: all // name: Armoured drop capsules: // effect: reduces kills to the troops from this module . Additional cost: 10B or 1 Z per troop.

size: all // name: high energy round deflector: // effect: reduces damage to this ship by 20 (maybe based on module size?) from ODS only. Also adds hit points based on size of module.

**everything here is just a rough scetch of what could be done, so no final values or anything, just some ideas

Would multiple modules stack?
T128 Synt freighter: 16 L slots
8 fire coordinator (and 8 power generators.)
8 x 25 = 200% damage boost.
Put 5 of these in a fleet for 10x damage. :scream:

I’d rather see fleet commanders that could provide this type of bonus, would provide a twist to the game. Not all ships/fleets would be the same this way and different commanders could have different bonus attributes.

4 Likes

size: all // name: Armoured drop capsules: // effect: reduces kills to the troops from this module. Additional cost: 10B or 1 Z per troop.

size: all // name: high energy round deflector: // effect: reduces damage to this ship by 20 (maybe based on module size?) from ODS only. Also adds hit points based on size of module.

good point! “works only on battleships” (hello ripchee prides)

I dont like this commander idea at all. I prefer to have massive amounts of nameless fleets bashed against the enemy.

Another reason why i dont like 1 person increasing the damage of ships is simply that there is no explanation for it. What space magic does this person have to make something like that happen?

Advanced targeting solutions and scanner finding the flaw in an enemy’s hull or shields whether by poor design, repair, or craftsmanship.

Also, id like to see commanders in addition to the special modules.

sorry i dont like this :frowning: oh and i love how not a single thread in this forum can stay on topic

2 Likes

Game needs both military and civilian fleet commanders.
As well as planetary governors…

As an example civilian captains could be given some immunities. They are blind as scouts and can’t have weapons in the fleet. If someone decides to attack and kill the fleet a negative rating is applied to the attacker. This could be tied into a bounty for the destruction of the attackers fleet.

There are multiple ways to utilize military fleet commanders as well. From battlegroup size to special abilities applied to solo commanders.

Game needs more playstyle options and this would enable some.

has nothing to do with the topic, please focus!

1 Like

It does though because Reality is hulls only have so many slots on them so abilities would be better suited to the crew of the ship.

thats exactly the point! so you have to make decisions on which modules to take! this whole “commander” idea is just a dumbed down mechanic

again please stay on topic! its support modules not commnanders!

So what are you trading out for the abilities modules?

If you have multiple ship builds with different ability module what one applies? Just the flagship? All of them?

all of them!

I think the concept here is logistics ships, which Eve (and others) have had for a long time. They specialize in supporting their fleet, like a flagship probably should, instead of being a damage dealer/damage absorber.

Of course ships do need captains…

1 Like

how about only destroyers being able to use those modules?

1 Like

Oh I loved how Masters of Orion 2 had these heroes you could hire that provided bonuses to colonies or fleets. And they got experience and improved over time. The good old times :heart:

1 Like

As non-flagships (optionally), that could work.

and no leader is going to atring himself up like a pinyata unless hes got one hell of an ace up his sleeve. Target center would mean kill the admiral first and no one is going to put such an important widget on a paper thin ship. Flagship needs to be quite the tank.

@ everyone

This thread is for commanders.

I can go for that. Something makes me want to give frigates something other than invasions though. Anti-missile system? then again, mine laying might be enough.

1 Like