Hi everyone, like to say I enjoyed the game and think it has some good directions, however with the micromanagement, my play style, and IRL tasks, I can’t continue to play the game in its current state. But before I go I’d like to throw out my thoughts as a new, albeit “demographically significant”, player.
"I’ll just stop in for a few minutes to tweak some planets…"
The time creep of this game is amazing. Much has to be done to make it easier to set things up and get on with our lives.
- Commands queues have been suggested, and I feel this is more in line with the nature of the game. A more simple approach though would be to move the loot sender lower in the tech tree. Let’s say something achievable after 1 week so players learn the skill of ship and resource management, but don’t get buried in the task when they start managing multiple systems.
- Governors are a great idea but I fired them all. Understandably it is a new feature, but just to put it out there, Power plants and farms should only be built as required, taxes lowered till happiness growth is the minimum positive value and Entertainment centers suggested/flagged but not built. Oh and also all the “build to…” options are disabled by default.
"click, click, click, click…"
A lot of clicking is required to retrieve information or to do simple repetitive task.
- A “send all” button for each mineral when loading/unloading ships would do a lot for this.
- Add a separate “info panel” on the side of the screen that displays more ship and planet info when hovering the mouse over an object, then the current popup method displays. This would also reduce the conflict of confusing the mouse focus when different objects and info are close together
- pooling resources, and population when planets have a loot sender. Resources are already pooled, so might as well remove the clicking.
- And why oh why is Boosted warp not enabled by default?
"‘Your fleet has encountered -----’, ‘You have won the battle’… That’s it!?"
Battles should be much longer to add some drama and allow setting up of reinforcements/supply lines.
- Moving attacks to “Damage per Minute” would make battles last much longer (hours to days?) and allow players, who are not available to respond because of timing or RL situation, have a chance to rally resources and allies for a defence and a much more dramatic stand.
- Allow for an allies list so multiple players can coordinate attacks, defense, and trade without attacking each other. Diplomacy and cooperative play is what makes these games worth playing. A lot would be gained be having the mechanics to support this.
That is about all I can think of in the way of functional changes. I haven’t slept much in the last little bit and drawing a blank at the moment. All in all, I did find the game enjoyable, and surprisingly full of features and capabilities for a “pre-beta”. However with the strain it puts on my time, I am going to have to sit out the rest of this round.
Sorry that I didn’t have a chance to get to know more of you better. I wanted to be more involved on the forum, but I found the game chewed up what time I had available to chat. I hope all goes well out there for everyone.