The launch of the new Awaken the Dark galaxy ‘Andradite’ and the v123 patch release will start today at 13:30 UTC.
The servers will go offline at this time and are expected to be back online within 30 minutes.
We’ll update this thread as soon as the patch is ready and the servers are back online. Once they’re back online, the new galaxy ‘Andradite’ will be ready to join from the game lobby.
Update: this patch has now been released and the game servers are back online. The galaxy ‘Andradite’ is ready to join from the game lobby.
Patch Notes v123
- Invasion launch countdown added: fleets can no longer launch invasions instantly from orbit. Once an invasion has been ordered it will only be launched if the end of the 12 minute countdown is reached (similar to how orbital bombing works). This gives guard fleets more of a chance to defend the invasion before it’s launched. Note: this change was added for all galaxies.
- Guard fleets: if an interception causes a guard fleet to leave the guard zone it will automatically return to the area just outside the system instead of entering it. Note: guard fleets are only in Awaken the Dark game mode galaxies right now.
- Balance changes for new Andradite galaxy only:
- Surface resources: the maximum deposit sizes possible have been increased
- Scanner ranges
- From: 35, 35, 35; To: 25, 35, 55 (LY, for levels 1 to 3)
- From: 15, 20, 25; To: 12, 18, 24 (LY, for levels 1 to 3)
- Ship hulls
- Izzvil (People’s Realm): HP increased by 40 (cost increased relatively)
- Alpha (Ripchee): HP decreased by 200 (cost decreased relatively)
- All buildings
- The first levels of buildings remain mostly the same and very affordable, but the higher levels are more expensive but also more powerful than before (in general, the power of the building’s main attribute doubles with each level increase). See this dev diary post for more details.
- Level 2 and 3 mining speeds have been decreased by about 20% but Level 2 mines can now also deep mine (at about half the speed of level 3)
- Lab science power
- From: 1, 2, 4; To: 1, 2, 6 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Military bases
- Required population increased from 2,000 to 5,000 for all levels, but troops supported changed from: 1,500, 1,700, 1,900 to 1,250, 2,500, 5,000 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Engine speeds reduced, energy provided increased
- Base: boosted warp decreased from 4 to 3
- Improved Warp Engine: boosted warp decreased from 5 to 4
- Dark Energy Engine: boosted warp decreased from 7 to 6, energy increased 125W to 150W
- Zero Gravity Engine: boosted warp decreased from 4 to 3, energy increased 175W to 200W
- Hyperspace Energy Engine: energy increased 250W to 300W
- Scout Engine: boosted warp decreased from 9 to 8
- Ship parts
- Shields & armor: power has been rebalanced to better reflect cost
- Colonization modules: level 3 adds level 2 buildings and level 4 adds level 3 buildings (the same number of buildings are added, just the higher level versions of them)
- Minefield damage
- From: 20, 50, 200; To: 10, 25, 75 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Note: the changes to Harpy changes previously mentioned haven’t been made yet (sensor range to be able to detect cloaked fleets and minefields)
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.