Patch v122 will be released today at 15:15 UTC. Once the update has started the servers will be offline for up to 2 hours (longer than usual due to a maintenance task we need to perform). We’ll update this thread as soon as the patch is ready and the servers are back online.
Update: this patch has now been released and the game servers are back online.
Patch Notes v122
- Build a guard fleet control on a colony to establish a guard zone around that star system (3LY radius)
- Order one or more of your fleets to guard that zone (fleet must be in the zone first)
- Enemy fleets entering a guard zone are automatically pursued and attacked by your fleets guarding that zone (excluding pirates)
- It’s not possible to lay a minefield if that minefield would overlap a guard zone
- See the wiki guard fleet control page for more details
- Note: the guard fleet control costs we previewed a few days ago have since been decreased following player feedback
- There are now 24 Steam achievements in Outscape (with more to come)
- You can view your achievement progress through your Steam profile or the Outscape page in your Steam library
- Minefield damage in the Awaken the Dark galaxy was nerfed:
- From: 70, 300, 1200; to 20, 50, 200 (for levels 1 to 3)
- NPC guard fleets (and the new guard fleets) won’t automatically attack cloaked fleets they don’t have visibility of (in the next patch we plan to add a countdown to launch an invasion from orbit, similar to how bombing works)
- Sometimes when viewing another player’s colony the population size was incorrectly displayed as zero. Performing an action against the colony e.g. bombing it would then trigger the correct population size to be displayed. This was purely a display issue in the game client caused by an issue with caching.
Note: the Skirmish 1 galaxy will also be removed at this time.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.