Release: Game update [v119] [Complete]

Hi everyone,

Patch v119 will be released today at 12:00 UTC. Once the update has started the servers will be offline for around 30-45 minutes. We’ll update this thread as soon as the patch is ready and the servers are back online.

Update: this has now been completed, the game servers should be back online.

Patch v119

Features and changes

• Minefields
    • Behaviour
      • Minelaying
        • Restrictions on laying minefields on top of each other were removed
        • However, it’s not possible to lay a minefield if a minesweeper is active in the area the minefield would cover:
          • Minelaying is blocked if a minesweeper is already active in that area
          • Minelaying is cancelled if a minesweeper activates in that area before the minefield is laid (a notification is sent that the minefield couldn’t be laid)
        • A fleet moving through an area covered by more than one minefield can only take damage from the strongest minefield
      • Minesweeping
        • Removed the recently added block on activating a minesweeper if another active minesweeper is too close
        • When more than one active minesweeper is in a minefield at the same time only the strongest minesweeper sweeps the minefield - but other active minesweeper fleets avoid damage
        • When an active minesweeper is in multiple minefields it sweeps all of them at the same time - it doesn’t sweep one at a time or divide its sweeping power
      • The above changes were proposed several weeks ago on the forum (Part 1)
      • Damage calculation formula reworked
        • Damage dealt to a fleet moving inside a minefield is now more consistent (it was too random before, now it factors in the time since damage was last dealt).
    • Config
      • T3 minelayer ordnance usage reduced from 3,800 Farsu to 2,700
      • 1x Galaxies
        • Minesweeping: Increased density swept per hour
          • T1 to 25% from 6% (to 4 hours from 16~ hours max)
          • T2 to 50% from 12% (to 2 hours from 8~ hours max)
          • These changes intentionally make minesweeping faster than minelaying to reduce the effectiveness of minefields after an enemy has already arrived
      • 10x Galaxies
        • Minesweeping: Increased density swept per hour
          • T1 to 250% from 62% (to 24 mins from 96 mins max)
          • T2 to 500% from 125% (to 12 mins from 48 mins max)
        • Minelaying: Adjusted deployment times
          • T1 to 48 mins from 10 mins
          • T2 to 24 mins from 20 mins
          • T3 to 24 mins from 30 mins
        • Minefield damage increased for levels 1 to 3 (From: 50, 200, 1,000; To 70, 300, 1,200)
  • Lightning Guns
    • Damage decreased for levels 1 to 5 (From: 50, 55, 60, 70, 85; To: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55)
  • Cruisers and Battleships
    • Construction times increased (Awaken the Dark only) from 15 minutes to 30 minutes and Dreadnoughts from 20 minutes to 60 minutes
  • Dreadnoughts
    • Extra slots added (GL=General Large slot, MW=Medium Weapon)
      • Mankind: +2GL +2MW
      • Ripchee: +2GL +4MW
      • People’s Realm: +2GL +2MW
      • Syntis: +2GL +4MW
      • Snithereal: +2GL +2MW

Bugs fixed

• In the Awaken the Dark galaxy fleet interceptions were failing when both fleets were travelling at warp 7+
  • Battles: lightning guns were still triggering errors in the game client when watching battles
  • Battles: destroyed ships that were no longer displayed were blocking shots passing through (this was a visual bug only)

Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.

5 Likes

this dont do anything to fix this broken game for me. im out

Sorry to hear that, what issue is affecting your game?

1 Like

The mine nerf although it balances the game considerably it seems to really make defending offline almost impossible. I’d honestly rather be in a stalemate than be sleep deprived. Are there any plans to make an offline defense that is balanced?

2 Likes

Hi, yes you can find more details on Part 2 of the original proposal post.

1 Like

thanks for the reply, any idea when we might see it?

Not yet, but we’ll post more details soon after we’ve evaluated the feedback we get on these changes along with the responses we had on the original proposal thread.

1 Like

We badly need a large direct energy/kinetic weapon that isn’t AOE.

Also can we get HP/Shield indicators on each ship during a battle please? Its annoying that you cant tell whats taking the most damage.

Also replay, pause, rewind, controls.

Update: this has now been completed, the game servers should be back online.

1 Like

We’ve noticed an issue with the game servers after bringing them back online. The devs are working on resolving it as quickly as possible. You will probably experience some connectivity issues in the meantime.

1 Like

this is a positive release, interesting minefield dynamics, excellent update to dreadnoughts. I’m still in!!! :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like

Well glad I checked in guess my data’s on that server because it just ain’t logging in

This is a step in the right direction but I still don’t get what mine-laying adds to the game. It is just annoying, time-consuming and makes PvP about mine-laying stalemates when it should be about ship to ship and ship to ground combat.

I think mine-laying should be removed from ships and put as a planetary building that only put mines in the current system and nowhere else, not even in the space surrounding it. That way it could work as a defensive tool but without being so intrusive that it stops ships from moving around.

1 Like

Just wait until you are stuck doing warp one in an interdiction field for hours into a system to scout. Least you could defeat a minefield with having a sweeper on.

1 Like

How do you ‘defeat’ a minefield? The highest tier minefields one’s destroy highly armored battleships and maybe even dreadnoughts? Not that I would be stupid enough to travel into minefields with an expensive dreadnought. Hence why it is a broken mechanic, it prevents active playing and put your fleets on standstill, potentially for hours until the mine field is cleared.

With the speed of ship building on the new server getting stuck at warp one for hours will be far more deadly then minefields.

And with mankind being able to instantly build fleets good luck invading their systems.

It’s not mentioned, but did you fix the interference of minesweepers sweeping a nap’d player’s or alliance mate’s minefield? And make sure a nap’s player can lay a minefield if a nap’s player’s sweeper is on?

I think there was talk about an interdiction field hampering all ships, both enemy and your own. Also that it might not affect corvettes/scouts.

Even if it was a free function, I still wouldn’t slow my own fleets down to w1. I would hamper myself full time and the enemy only when being attacked.