The game servers have been down for a few hours today. The issue has been resolved and we’re bringing the servers back online now.
As we had some changes ready we’re pushing this patch out at the same time.
The update should be finished in about 30-45 minutes. I’ll update this thread as soon as the patch is ready and the servers are back online.
Update: this patch has now been released and the game servers should be back online.
We’re sorry for the downtime today.
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Invasion cutscene and report: after an invasion you can now see the strength of both forces at the moment the invasion result was calculated
- Minefields: it’s no longer possible to lay minefields on top of each other. However, the stacking ability of minesweepers hasn’t been removed yet.
- Battles: you will now be rewarded with credits for winning a battle - including against pirates. The credits are added automatically to your balance and are relative to the cost of the ships destroyed (half of their value currently). The notification will tell you how many credits you earned
- Pirates are a little smarter and will occasionally try to avoid an attack
- Some notifications have had a voice part added e.g. native population discovered, technology researched, new ship constructed. This can be turned off in the game options.
- A galaxy closed to new players can still be joined using a spawn code
- Wreckages weren’t being removed after their timer had expired. It won’t happen moving forwards, but we still need to clean up those that are in the game already
- Auto-transfer resources: when boosted warp was active fleets wouldn’t start the journey if they didn’t have enough fuel for the return leg. The fleet will now start with boosted warp and use free warp if it doesn’t have enough fuel for the next leg. However, we still need to make the change that enables the fleet to refuel at the destination planet. At the moment it will only refill at the source planet.
- An issue related to wreckages was causing the server to occasionally crash
- It was possible to start research of a government building before its preceding level