The new galaxy launch and patch v111 release will be today at 18:00 UTC. Apologies for the delay!
Once the update has started the servers will be offline for up to 60 minutes. We’ll update this thread as soon as the patch is ready and the servers are back online.
Update : this patch has now been released and the game servers should be back online.
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Two new galaxies launched: Skirmish 2 and Main 2. Skirmish 1 and Main 1 will also continue.
- Relaxed the game type slot restrictions for Skirmish and Main: you can play in any two galaxies at the same time instead of the previous limit of one Skirmish and one Main galaxy. For example, if you are still active in Main 1, you can keep that game going and start a new game in Main 2, without having to first reset in Main 1.
- Improvements to Galaxy Overview: more easily manage your colonies from a new ‘My Empire’ tab e.g. adjust the tax rate, view the construction queues
New Government Building: in each new game the home planet will start with one special new government building. See the wiki for full details.
- The new government building strongly boosts early game income. But mid/late game players have too many credits. So income from other colonies has also been decreased by about 35%.
- City center costs and performance have been increased and home planets no longer start with multiple T3 city centers. Beron, credits and personnel costs have doubled. But so have the percentage increase boosts they give to the economy and population growth. See the wiki for the new stats.
- We will likely make further balancing changes that affect income as we collect data and feedback from the new galaxies.
- Max Population Balancing: planets with a single civ population now get a x1.4 max population bonus to better balance the differences between single and dual population planets. For example, if a planet has space for 500k colonists, it can either support a single population of 700k (500k x 1.4) or a double population totalling 1m (500k x 2). Click here for more details.
- New Syntis tech to increase the max number of fleets they can control from 72 to 92. This is to better balance the total number of fleets the Syntis can reach vs the total fleets organic civs can reach.
- Minefield laying and sweeping costs increased: it costs 3 times as much limbalt to lay a minefield and 2 times as much olzine to activate a minesweeper.
- How minefields deal damage has also been changed. We’ll post more details tomorrow to the forum.
- Minimum starting distance between players in Main 2 increased from 19LY to 25LY. We’ve had requests to increase this even further, but the previous distances were based on prior player feedback, so we’re weary about increasing it much further in a single change.
- Warp 9 (scout engines only) has increased from 16 LY to 22 LY/hr. We’ll post more details about this tomorrow to the forum along with more details on minefield changes.
- Small research cost changes for some technologies related to defense and Syntis specific
- Added 6 small general slots to Mankind Hermes hull to increase the total from 4 to 10
- Apart from the changes to galaxy overview and minefields - the above changes will be applied to the new galaxies only
- We’ve not been able to reproduce the exploration history bug in our test environment. But we did find and fix something that has likely been causing it. However, there is still the chance that there is more than one issue causing exploration history to reset, so please let us know if after updating to this patch it happens to you.