Patch v102 will be released today at 10:00 UTC. Once the update had started the servers will be offline for around 30-45 minutes.
Update : this patch has now been released and the game servers should be back online.
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- A new playable civilization - The Snithereal - has been added
- Added ‘Boosted range’ field to ship designer and other stat displays. It shows the maximum distance the ship/fleet can travel using boosted warp speed on full fuel tanks e.g. Boosted range: 150LY (14t/LY), 150LY total, using 14t of Olzine per LY
- Switched to a new code library that should better manage the connections between the game client and game servers (some players were getting lost connection issues)
- A player quitting a game while an invasion was in progress caused the invading troops, and planet population and buildings to be deleted. We’ve changed it so if a player quits during the invasion, the invasion will automatically succeed and all the troops, population and buildings will remain (we’re open to refining this e.g. applying the same damage rules as a normal invasion, where some damage may be done depending on the size and strength of both forces involved).
- When a player quit a game the populations were removed from all of their colonies when they were supposed to remain (they now do). The buildings are still removed, but the effect is now like they were dismantled and the relative resources are deposited on the planet’s surface. The topic of what to do about a player’s colonies when they quit is ongoing, and you can find the discussion here.
- When launching an invasion the menu was sometimes displaying the wrong physical power
- The background image on planet management for cold planets wasn’t always displaying
- Transferring resources from battle wreckage was sometimes causing a crash
- The happiness bonus displayed on the civ selection screen when joining the game was displaying the wrong value (on the population screen it was displayed correctly)
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.