Release: Game update [v.0.98] [Complete]

Hi everyone,

Patch 0.98 is going to be released shortly - Friday September 27th at 11:00 UTC.
Once the update begins the game servers will be offline for up to one hour. We’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

Update: this patch has now been released

Please note: the galaxy’s visual design will look differently to how it did before the patch. The devs are testing something and the visual design will likely be changed again in the next patch. We’re keen to hear if any of you notice a significant change in FPS.

2 Likes

Full patch notes

Patch 0.98

Features and changes

• Important news will be displayed in the game lobby. It’s easy for players to miss important news posted to the blog and other channels e.g. if a galaxy is planned to close in the future. Updates in the game lobby should help ensure players see important news and reduce confusion
  • If the game client is launched while the servers are offline for a planned reason e.g. maintenance or a patch release, a message dialog will appear to clarify
  • Optimizations that improve server performance

Bugs squashed

• When preparing to launch an invasion the estimated time the invasion would take was inaccurate e.g. it showed 2 hours but immediately after launching the timer showed 9 hours
  • Fleets stuck in a planet couldn’t be moved out again. If you have a fleet that is stuck in a planet, you should be able to move it out now (we’re still trying to find what’s causing them to get stuck in the first place)
  • An issue related to treaties and player history was triggering a client error (more details)
  • Several issues that caused separate server crashes
3 Likes

Player that find out how to do it can hide their ships lol, now they know they can retrieve them…

Oooh Devious! You betcha we shall see if we can get our fleets hidden invulnerable like this now!

OR: Wont the fleets simply engage the invaders as per dumb AI ? No wait as long as there is an unarmed freighter in the planet you ought to be invulnerable to invasion/bombing etc due to the “Guards in place” rule. Just coz the unarmed guard wont engage and the Armed attacker presumably cant get in the planet…

Wow so many permutations of potential exploit here now!!!

This is such an old bug if we could finally find out why and how and put it to bed it’d really quite satisfying!

If anyone does find how to consistently reproduce it, it should make detecting the cause easier and a fix will follow shortly after.

This update is taking longer than expected due to a disk updating… Hopefully it won’t be much longer.

1 Like

Update: this patch has now been released

Something change with the galaxy spiral? Seems to be far less of it or very dim.

Yes, I’ve added a note above and to the post.

Please note: the galaxy’s visual design will look differently to how it did before the patch. The devs are testing something and the visual design will likely be changed again in the next patch. We’re keen to hear if any of you notice a significant change in FPS.

1 Like

Got my very obsolete scout out of a planet. And the galaxy is a bit dimmer now, but it works I guess. For now, I think it’s just different; not better or worse. Thanks, Devs! :smiley:

The merge command still brought the 2 fleets together which is an interesting point because the 2nd fleet should never be able to make contact with the 1st, therefore an attack command may get the attacker’s fleet inside the planet as well.

@joe has anyone tried to utalize the merge command to see how the 2nd fleet jumps the barrier? It May have something to do with the original bug.

The new patch didn’t fix the problem with minefields. It was getting gradually better as my fields lost density but I just created 10-11 new fields to see if the update improved it. Unfortunately it got really bad as my new fields appeared. :frowning: