Release: Game update [v.0.937] [Complete]

Hi everyone,

Alpha Patch 0.937 is about to be released 13:00 UTC . Once the update begins the servers should be offline for up to 30 minutes. We’ll update this thread once it’s been completed.

Thanks

Update: This has now been completed

0 Likes

Full patch notes

Alpha 0.937

Features and changes

• A battle now stops any special fleet activity e.g. cloaked mode, cloak detecting, minesweeping/detecting. If the fleet survives the battle, that special activity will need to be activated again (we know this isn’t ideal in certain situations e.g. a fleet is sweeping a minefield, it’s attacked, wins the battle, but won’t automatically resume sweeping until ordered to do so - but there are a lot of crashes related to these mechanics so we are making this change now for stability and will revisit this area after).
  • Notifications:
    • Many spammy/useless notifications have been disabled (the info is pushed to the log for the related unit instead, so the information will still be available if you need to find it). For example, the notification that appeared immediately after you transferred resources - telling you that you have just transferred resources… that notification will no longer appear.
    • Notifications that can play a cutscene when clicked have had a play icon added to make it clearer.
  • Cutscenes for bombing and invasions now also show for the player attacked.
  • Military Codex and Tactical Coordination technologies now increase the physical strength of defensive troops in military bases by 100% each (the increase was only 10% before). E.g. if the strength of defensive troops is 1, researching the first technology will increase it to 2, and then researching the second technology will increase it to 4 (you’ll get these increases even if you already unlocked these techs).
  • Added info for troop/home guard strength to the invasion menu screen.
  • The number of colonists or troops that can be transferred to a planet can no longer exceed the maximum population limit the planet can support (the population limit based on farms can be exceeded - but the colonists exceeding the limit will begin to die).

Bugs fixed

• Small assault troop modules weren’t available in the ship designer for People’s Realm Izvil hull.
  • Invasion time estimations were wrong on the invasion menu when the planet had an orbital defence installed (the calculation didn’t take into account likely assault troop losses if the planet had an orbital defense system installed).
  • The wrong population growth rate was displayed when viewing an enemy planet if the growth rate was influenced by an unlocked tech e.g. a Syntis population that had unlocked a temperature tolerance increase.
  • The ‘MAX’ and ‘-’ buttons on a transfer screen weren’t always enabled when they should have been.
  • Trying to construct a ship from a deleted blueprint caused a crash.
4 Likes

Thats a bad idea… This is the worst possible solution to that problem…

That will absolutely not work…

Sweepers can be spammed with scouts and force them to retreat due to lack of olzine…

2 Likes

Beat me to it…

Consider everything Big D says seconded. These really are quite unbalancing changes. Take colonising in an extreme climate planet you may wanna “stuff” it with excess pop while the Terraformers build. Now you can’t.

As long as you plan to revert the everything stops for the Zombie battle once the bugs you mention are fixed - well Okay. Just be aware that every player that falls foul of this and who doesn’t see these posts will HATE THIS GAME ALL THE more as a result, and likely disappear in a flash further screwing your play-ability metrics.

So fix fast or keep repeating the “Its only temporary” frequently as you are fiddling with user experience here in a very bad way. Everything is connected to everything else and your player satisfaction figure are impacted by these changes mightily I suspect.

0 Likes

• Military Codex and Tactical Coordination technologies now increase the physical strength of defensive troops in military bases by 100% each (the increase was only 10% before). E.g. if the strength of defensive troops is 1, researching the first technology will increase it to 2, and then researching the second technology will increase it to 4 (you’ll get these increases even if you already unlocked these techs).

• The number of colonists or troops that can be transferred to a planet can no longer exceed the maximum population limit the planet can support (the population limit based on farms can be exceeded - but the colonists exceeding the limit will begin to die).

Cheeers!

Disagree with u. I’m shure that’s a good solution.

And that ability for scouts/corvettes is a great for the game!

2 Likes

lol. Why do u think that colonising of extreme planets must be so simple? It’s EXTREME. So stay online, put population portion after portion, do EFFORTS to have EXTREME planet.

1 Like

Well that IS a positive way of looking at it :slight_smile:

I swear some days old chap you’d say black was white just to see who got annoyed ROFL
But yes that IS a was this could be viewed as. All I am saying a change like that may have negative feedback unless completely explained regularly.

As for whom agrees with me & D or yourself we shall see but for now OK Point taken :slight_smile:

Coming to an Alpha test near you “Extreme Colonising!” where absolultley have Population to burn (literally)

EDIT: @joe we did have an Extreme coloniser award thought of didn’t we? For successfully colonising a planet over 100 (200?) degrees off baseline? If not please add it to the mix - !

0 Likes

Shocker… but it will really fk up your ability to exit a planet (and other scenarios) when all your colonist ships are stuffed full forever…

its a disastrous change…

1 Like

There is nothing preventing you from loading up the remaining pop into a planetary invasion fleet and sucker punching someone (unless your syntis possibly). Theres nothing preventing you from colonizing your next planet before completely removing yourself from the old planet (unless syntis obviously). Yea you may have to drop your taxes a bit for a while, but if you have that many planets, a day or 2 of tax breaks wont kill you.

Your now banned from using this sentence, you use it a lot with specific intention of causing grief which is not needed. If you think he’s missing something, you need to state the flaw and not throw stones.

1 Like

Its just a bastardisation of the system.

I did state the flaw… but he clearly hasn’t analysed the consequences of hordes of spam ships messing up a legitimate invasion attempt… again a bastardisation of good mechanics…

And additionally I’m not taking instruction from you…

I’m taking no prisoners… IDA introduced more features without consideration of the consequences… THEY NEED to talk to the experts on the frontlines… Within 1 minute of reading the notes I knew they were bad and why…

2 Likes

They’re open to alternatives but needed to thaw out the server.

I’m very confused. Why do you want to break the planet’s pop limit? If it’s only to clean out your ships, ask for a jettison feature, but I expect there’ll be social/political consequences once such content’s added.

0 Likes

I like limit for population transferring. Usually planet cap enough big to use couple hundred thousands inhabitants for environmental transformation. Tens millions on one planet looked like cheating. And as for me adding special rules (such as higher population drop rate) for such cases can make all even more unclear.

About fleet mode canceling, I think it should be canceled only if ship (flagship) which provides this functionality will be destroyed in the battle.

0 Likes

Wow, got abit more expensive to capture a planet if people have researched and upgraded bases.

0 Likes

If I am understanding mel’s post, you CAN exceed the farms, population will just die until farms are built, but you CANNOT exceed the total maximum population allowed with 100% farms built on a planet. If this is correct seems the perfect solution. @mel please confirm I’m understanding you correctly.

0 Likes

Well yeah ok… I get what everyone is saying.

My recent experience against LordVictor was that I could not move from planet to planet without dumping colonists in at least one of my captured foothold planets… at max colonies minus 1 I had to cap one of his and to take the next I needed to vacate which usually meant upto 2 full loads on the invading ships… so I had to dump them somewhere… then I could move on…

Totally understand that without having done this everyone will find it reasonable to cap at max…

If that’s what people want then that’s cool, I’m only trying to help them get the best game they can. these frustration points might lead to even more radical solutions. and in this case it would be a planet that is close that has high temps and just let the colonists burn at 20K an hour then put the climate stations back on… or use alts to gift the planets taken to… Though neither are really how the game should be played… and seem awfully wrong…

I care not that everyone thinks i’m wrong, its your game too, are you happy with those solutions?

Anyway have at it, I’m out for 6 months… game is done for me til beta.

0 Likes

I really don’t understand the beef. People wanted a solution to having 17mil population on a planet that can only hold 1 mil. This is the solution. Doesn’t mean you can’t have more there when you take it in order to get it properly prepared for colonization, ie temp differences, etc. And you lose people now when you do that. So I don’t get it. Enjoy your time off.

0 Likes

Yes. You’re absolutely right

2 Likes

Overpopulated planets is a easiest way for Syntis to get credits. Obviously Syntis player have a limit of income - what he gets from 36 planets with max pop, but if he collecting all his growning pops to one planet that limit is gone. And after exploit becames plugged those robots who used it lose a great sourse of income (and perharps science). And we all knows how great syntis’s development depend on their income

Deicide flaring toward the patch is very suspitious.

0 Likes

And since that change was targeted directly at you, no surprise you have a lot to say about it.

Deicide is speaking from experience working with the existing systems, and pointing out problems he would have had with this change.

0 Likes

Since the change appropriately addresses the problem that Pepe’s testing pointed out it has closed the loophole for that exploit to continue by anyone. You can’t have it both ways.

1 Like