Minor faction balance and suggestions

Owning planets as syntis and having planets with each minor faction has prompted me to the following thoughts
For now I see 2 things that can be discussed

1. Some factions are just useless when others are OP
  2. Some factions bonuses are “frozen” while others are not

Lets see what I mean by that
1 For now bonuses that factions give to players are very different. I’m going to write about balance later, and now would like to stop on one faction - harpies. As for me they have most useless benefits. For sure they give a bigger range of scunners, but its giving you nothing especially against cloaking opponents.
My suggestions about Harpies – their Scanners have to give a chance to reveal cloacked opponents. I think that it have to work some sort like planetary defense, but have wider range. For example lvl 1 Scanner will have a 10% chance to reaveal cloacked ships and a cooldown time – once in hour (maybe half-hour). Lvl 2 – 25% and lvl 3 60% for example. This will let this faction not to fully broke cloaking mechanic, couse have chances to not reveal fleets, but also will good benefits to the player who own planets with harpies

2 What did I mean when talking about “frozen” bonuses. Lets see it on Akorokken example. They living in the oceans, so colonizing their planet don’t let to have big population of the Major Faction here for now. But the bonus of Akorokken do not depend on how much they are. So I can just leave 1k or 3k of them and still have +4 Science
Same with all other Factions, exept Evolvanians. Why I said it – because for me Evolvanians bonus increasing with their population, couse a “hidden” bonus for them – taxation. The more Evolvanians I have, the more gold I receive. And that’s why they become OP – their “bonus” in fact grow up with them.
So my suggestion is to let other minor factions bonuses to grow up with population. For example Akorokken can have +1 science for every 25k citizens, the Giants + 2% for ship construction time for every 5k citizens (maybe decrease the basic bonus to 50%), the Skregons will receive + 2 deep mines for every 20k population. The final numbers can change, but think that idea will balance the minor factions better

Can you provide some examples? And what tier ship are you up to?

Need you to compare or specify which civ’s you are referring to. There are reasons for the way they are, not to say they don’t need adjustment, but a general statement doesn’t point out why they are out of balance.

Sorry looks like numbers in post going wrong. But talking about useless - the most useless as i think are harpies, than Scragons. Scragons couse their deep mines is very low. Even in the early game

You mean minor factions specifically? I would agree some are better than others with Skreg being the least desirable. Each has a specialty that can add value to civ’s they are compatible with.

I disagree with you on Harpy. I find them very valuable for an alliance’s purpose. Individual use if you aren’t in an alliance can depend on how comfortable you are not having that much visibility of intruders.

Harpys value also depends on the location of the planet, while Evolvanians planet for example is good anywere. I still think Harpies scanner needs the ability to see cloacked ships

Also talking about Giants. For sure they have super good bonus and decreasing construction time very much. But if i play, for example, for idk People realm, i have just not let them die competly. My focus of this post that minor faction bonus do not depend from the population of this minor faction you have on planet

I agree on location, do not agree at all regarding cloaked ships. From what I understand is that there are a ton of Harpy native planets out there, that would virtually give everyone the ability to see cloaked vessels without the need for cloak detection. I can see a justification of having Harpy have a higher tech scanner where for an upgrade cost you can perform cloak detection for a limited amount of time. The module on a ship is active for 2 hours, possibly a 4 hour timer for a Harpy scanner?

I’m not sure what you mean on this one. From what I understand having Giants can cut your production time for structures and ships literally in half. That is extremely valuable to anyone. It may not be the most compatible minor civ with all other civ’s for growth purposes, but I’m sure can be kept alive at the expense of fast growth.

My suggestion is to let other minor factions bonuses to grow up with population. For example Akorokken can have +1 science for every 25k citizens, the Giants + 2% for ship construction time for every 5k citizens (maybe decrease the basic bonus to 50%), the Skregons will receive + 2 deep mines for every 20k population. The final numbers can change, but think that idea will balance the minor factions better

That is a great suggestion, with some sort of “cost” associated with it. I’d recommend the growth come for the native civ itself, possibly by having a specific “alien” research lab that can be added to each native planet by it’s occupant, no matter what the civ is. A tech on the tree somewhere that should be researched.

Sorry, English is not my first language so sometime i cant write my idea clearly, but yes the first idea - you recieve bonus just having minor faction on planet - no matter are they there just for a tick (For example i can do a land mass on planet with Akorokken to 95% - just to have minimal population) and still have same bonus.
The second idea that in fact Evolvanians bonus increasing with their population, couse a “hidden” bonus for them – taxation. So having increasing bonus for other races will balance it better

I understand, we don’t all speak English as our first language, you are explaining your thoughts very well. I don’t disagree in general, just as long as we have the appropriate tech and cost associated with increasing the bonus.