Minefield Errors

I am all of a sudden having problems being able to determine the status of an enemy’s minefield. When I look at it initially I receive a client error, then after that all it shows me, if I look on my own minefield, the same status with my name on the enemy minefield. Makes it kind of hard to judge how long it will be before the minefield is taken down. I’m sweeping it at the moment. I sent in a bug report via the system when I received the error. Need this fixed ASAP, as we are dealing with a lot of minefields at the moment. It just started this today.

I also lost a fleet in that minefield because I didn’t see it being deployed. Is this something new? I can see when I deploy mine and previously could see an enemy deploying one as well. I wouldn’t have sent the fleet if I thought mines were being laid.

And I didn’t receive a notification that I lost my fleet in the minefield. I had to find out where it went.

The part about looking at an enemy minefield after looking at your own isn’t new. That’s been around for months, and I’ve documented it extensively.

Pretty much all notifications related to minefields have also been broken since forever.

First time I’ve had a problem with it. And been dealing with minefields a lot the past 3 months.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, but it doesn’t mention the bug I just reported with them, that I could find anyways. If you can find the bug I reported, can you please quote that section by itself. It does discuss the flaws with the mine warfare that’s been discussed a lot, but not this specific bug (at least that I can find).

Does this happen every time for a particular minefield or all minefields? At what stage does the client error trigger, is it when you hover over the minefield to get the info tooltip or something else? So far I haven’t seen this, so will try to check again on our test environment.

When I tested this earlier I could see another player’s minelayer laying a minefield, but only at a certain zoom level. Will try a few more tests on it though.

When it happened it was a specific player, I’ll pm you the name. On the same session at the same time as this was happening, I could see another player’s without a problem, but it was still an issue with this specific player. I had written this before I had come across his. Last night we had a long series of battles involving this same specific problem and the minefields were not an issue.

Thanks, I still don’t see them being deployed unless they are my own. Zoomed down as far as I can go, but I can easily see when I’m deploying my own mines. It has me leery of sending anything towards a battle area where mines might be deployed which is not good in a battle situation, as we are currently in.

Thanks, I still don’t see them being deployed unless they are my own. Zoomed down as far as I can go, but I can easily see when I’m deploying my own mines. It has me leery of sending anything towards a battle area where mines might be deployed which is not good in a battle situation, as we are currently in.

So you need to send minesweepers into a battlefield first? And you think this is a new development?

Wow.

Issue is those sweepers seem to have blindspots and don’t always see mines being deployed like before. That would be a new development. lol

Issue is those sweepers seem to have blindspots and don’t always see mines being deployed like before. That would be a new development. lol

No, it isn’t. During the great minefield wars w/ Belisarius months ago, I reported a variety of issues with minefields not being picked up by minesweepers, incoherent messages when you sweep them, the times involved all being completely broken, and so on.

The problem is that this was not reported so we could all find it as individual issues. The one post you shared with me was huge and appeared to contain many different issue topics or it was reported privately to the developers, I don’t know which, nor do I recall seeing you make a post on it.

I had sweepers within range, I’m not an idiot. I believe this is specific to an individual player and it has been reported to @joe with the name of the individual. I heard from others in our coalition of encountering the same issues with the same individual during a previous skirmish.

Does this happen every time for a particular minefield or all minefields? At what stage does the client error trigger, is it when you hover over the minefield to get the info tooltip or something else? So far I haven’t seen this, so will try to check again on our test environment.

Joe, I haven’t checked anything recently, but back when I was on 24/7 almost every single time the game crashed the error message was minefield related. I clicked ‘submit report’ every time.

As for what I mentioned this time, if you mouse over your own minefield, and then the minefield of an enemy, you’ll see the time remaining on your own (and not theirs).

I had sweepers within range, I’m not an idiot.

Never said you were. I’m just surprised that you are ‘discovering’ problems that have been around for months, and acting like they’re new.

Spoiler alert: minesweeping has been broken for a long, long time.

Correct that is the same problem I found, but at the exact same time, I could see another player’s minefield just fine. Maybe there’s an exploit being used that none of us know about.

You’re only surprised that I’ve only now encountered this issue? I’ve only been involved in this war for the past 3 months. Previously I was alone in the galaxy with no opponent. And I just encountered it when I reported it for the first time. Quit being a troll.

1 Like