Lag and getting worse

Game has been lagging badly again, mainly on first 30 - 60 seconds of play. Game has also started crashing, requiring a restart. I do not recall ever having to do this before !! and game is now also lagging during gameplay, sometimes locking up for up to 10/15 seconds. Thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah all the labels…

I would like the ability to turn off the labels off when I login and only show them when I toggle them with something like control-L…

If the ui could determine the visible sectors or sub sectors then get the labels for those… if you toggle lables off again they get purged… keep the memory creep low as possible…

Turning of all labels makes the game unplayable but if it could, as an option in settings, turn off labels for systems which are not within scanner range, I think that would make the lag noticeable less.

I got fed up with it last night and cleared my cache. Game runs much more smoothly. There should be an option to hide all labels and only show them when pressing the space bar (invert the space bar’s function and a slight alteration to DeicidE’s idea) as well as only showing labels on mouse over.

only show labels in active scanner range