Is this a possible solution to Spawn codes

I was reading and thinking about how players are saying about spawn codes being exploited, I have started several times cause almost everytime I think I can get going I end up getting pushed out, the place I am in now I was told that I need to restart on my first day, I was thinking maybe players who have friends who want to start with them could be asked a couple questions before being placed in Galaxy.
When starting have a few questions asked.
Are you playing alone?
Do you have friends joining?
How many friends?
How soon are they starting?
Are you joining a friend?

This could be basis of where in the Galaxy you are put, also friends could be put next to you area and not jammed in same area which helps everyone grow and not be crowded out I personally have 3 friends who want to join me but all 3 in same spot makes it hard to grow.
I don’t know if something like this can be done but for my part it is a solution to being jammed together like sardines.

I believe you are suggesting that some home worlds would be reserved for your friends to join onto as they start the game. This could work nicely for a very specific scenario where you are all starting at roughly the same time (maybe withing 24 hours of each other). You would run into problems if trying to make that work over a longer period of time.

There isn’t anything that would prevent you or other players from colonizing the systems that were intended for the friends, so if these players didn’t all start at roughly the same time the ones that joined later would run into issues where their home systems may already be colonized by other players (possibly friends, possibly enemies).

It is easy to prevent anybody to settle in this system, simply hide system if it is a possible spawnlocation.

I like it!

I am really sorry to hear this has been your experience. Unless you’re the aggressive type (which you don’t sound to be like this), I don’t understand why the player’s you’ve spawned next to are so hostile towards another new player.

@joe we really need to fix the fact that players are spawning way to close to one another. Less than 50 LY away from your neighbor in the main galaxy is way way too close, it’s fine for the skirmish galaxy. And you already know my thoughts on spawn codes.

1 Like

thats bang out of order, if you were near me i would just batter your neighbours for you for free.

I believe you are suggesting that some home worlds would be reserved for your friends to join onto as they start the game. This could work nicely for a very specific scenario where you are all starting at roughly the same time (maybe withing 24 hours of each other). You would run into problems if trying to make that work over a longer period of time.

No not at all they would simply join as normal but be put next to their friend. The initial person would be located in a part of the galaxy where their is room to have friends nearby.

But the point I am trying to make is that all of the good planets around you will be taken by you and others fairly quickly. If a friend started a week after you there may not be a suitable starting Planet for them nearby.

You might be able to have a system like this where it finds the closest suitable homeworld, but there is no guarantee that would be nearby.

2 Likes