Is ordnance shared in a fleet?

I know that fuel is shared in a fleet, but is the same with ordnance?

1 Like

https://forum.beyonddark.net/t/ordinance-resupply/1749

Nope…

2 Likes

…but it should be.

1 Like

Is ordnance still not shared in a fleet?

No, but if you after a battle remove one ship transfer 1 ammo to the other fleet, it will balance ammo between allships in that fleet

1 Like

Nope, still not shared.

I kind of like it this way because it makes ship design more thought provoking. Each ship needing its own ammo pile makes for harder decisions and lends a real reason to use the energy weapons instead.

But the interface provides no support for managing ammo within a fleet. If you brought an ammo freighter with you, the way to rearm is to split the freighter(s) off into a separate fleet, transfer ammo to the warfleet to refill it, then you can merge the freighters back in. Not exactly convenient.

2 Likes

And if you aren’t paying attention, you can order a round of bombing where none of your ships have enough (individually) ammo to actually bomb anything, but you won’t find out until ~50 minutes later when nothing actually happens.

1 Like

I wish the game would balance ordnance between all ships in a fleet after each fight, having to split, transfer, and merge is not an intuitive way of doing anything.

2 Likes

The problem then becomes what happens when you don’t want it to split. Will it still stupidly auto-split? This could make minelaying a bit of a problem if it keeps drawing ammo below the minelaying level.

So yes, it is a pain and a huge worry about uneven ammo loads but auto balancing can also end up as a pain depending on the situation.

When a computer "auto"s things, very often, it does really stupid things.

1 Like

Make a one click button to press for ordnance balancing, problem fixed?

1 Like

Good idea. Beats giving control to an AI.

Really should be a thing. But QoL seems to be low on the list at the moment. :frowning:

1 Like