Instead of wormholes. Warp 24 transport fleets

Flagship that grants the fleet it’s commanding warp 24. Think channel tunnel train hauling cars and trucks. Everyone needs a space train.

No radar or vision while in transit. Nothing is seen not even planets. Total fog of war.

Immunity to mines like pirates have.

Planetary Beacon to planetary Beacon only with no stopping, point to point only.

Access via player invite/access code. One use per invite/code.

1 Like

I would like to see wormholes developed as the developers originally indicated with controls on both end. Freighters could certainly go through the wormholes, would prefer that to another engine.

@DeicidE I see you are being your usual self.

Well to be fair what you’re describing was part of Stars! The orbital platform could build a stargate module… and various fleet sizes could pass point to point to any other stargate location… if you exceeded the safe limits you risked damage to ships…

I see the stargate and train as game breaking, An attacking fleet takes time to approach, setup and attack… To have a magical appearance of multiple defensive fleet destroys the fabric of the current game…

Its a non starter… The wormhole idea is the strongest so far in that it requires large infrastructure builds to connect to another point…

The idea is also supported by real physics, it would require manipulation of exotic matter and vast amounts of energy created, stored in capacitors and discharged in a controlled manner to create a wormhole to a rough region of space inside the triangle of the receiving generators…

I honestly thought it was a troll… but who knew… Sorry…

Warp 24 is just over double the scout engine, not seen a planned speed for wormholes. Most of the mechanics to use high speed ships are already in game. As for fleets warping in to defend that’s kinda needed and I never stated how much power and infastructure would be needed to run a Beacon for navigation. Thus its basically wormholes with a different componants.

Well IDA have already indicated that at least 3 planets are required to generate and maintain a stable wormhole. They also indicated that the formation of the wormhole would not be encumbered by gravity well of a star system…

Point to point on demand stargates (Think Ori supergate) could be a thing late game, sufficiently more advanced than a classic 3 system generated wormhole… So something taking a million research units at least, and constructed by collapsing a gas giant into a mini black hole to generate the power required to form the wormhole…

Also the game warp drives work by pushing the ship into subspace, the mines live in subspace also so there is no way that a race can avoid the mines… The fact pirates can avoid mines is likely some kind of sweeper technology that allows navigation without actually taking the time to deactivate a mine… We already know that the races only have technology that can be deployed on corvettes. So minefields cant be ignored.

I once held the view that we needed the ability to be able to warp in to defend a colleague but having seen the immersive strategy available I don’t think its necessary. 3 system wormholes could allow players to move between 2 points and re-reinforcements are possible that way… A player should be active in their own defense not passive.

@deicide what have i missed regarding them indicating us being able to form wormholes? Was it indicated if this was a guild only thing or could a player who researched it send ships quite a ways off to build a beachhead of 3 planets and build up required infrastructure to support the other end of a wormhole? or is worm hole just a one sided thing and once your fleets are off there is no way back?? :slight_smile:

Ok so instead of sub space we use hyper space 24 and warp 1 pirates and warp 9 Corvette minesweepers keep their technological plot hole…

You worry about it being abused to defend, but it’s already negated dreds from being transported. And arriving in battle with a glorified tow truck as a flagship isn’t going to put much fear in fully setup attack fleets. That and it could have a 6 hour charge time to launch in the first place. Added to hours of hyperspace travel it’s far from instant defending. Flagship rating could be limited as well to 8 ships.

That and they could be so expensive no one would want to drop into battle with them.

But in the end just spit balling with variations of current game mechanics. Take it or leave it.

There has to be more risk involved when moving things around. Its almost a glorified planetary transporter… Offering no risk when transporting resources and people, even small vulnerable fleets become immune…

I know why @Pepelekus wants it. why do you want it?

There’s little risk in wormholes as well. Or will we have slow wormholes that have mines?

Really? Lets check it.
This thing can save a lot of time in war actions. All u need with it - to colonise planet, defend it and build the key stucture. Thats challenging. But that’s keeps the time of players. Obviously the alliances will have the biggest benefits from these since such a thing grants huge abilities in defence. But i think it’s worth it. Ever while i’m a solo player.
Every suggestion which will keep player’s time is a good

Heighliner…

@DeicidE I love any anyone who knows what Ori Supergates are already. :laughing:

1 Like