How about a touch more variety

So I was cruising through the Galaxy just now and spotted a 1/5 Pirate in a system and said to myself “Oh ho likely abandoned home-world ahead my lad!”

I then flipped through the planets (none of which I had scouted) and immediately could see there was a Ripchee player Home-world there.

Then it dawned on me: Damn this game is predictable right now! One glance at the systems layout had told me rather a lot of information really. Home-world, Player race likely status of said home-world and therefore possibly another world in system with a smaller player colony in it!

So in future galaxy’s can we have some minor tweaking to the Home-worlds so they are not ALL exactly the same temp (+/- 1-2 degrees wont hurt) ditto Hydro balance.

And for goodness sake have the starter Pirates move around and disappear and come back every so often as right now if I see one of those I am 99% sure I have found an abandoned home-world. They may as well be a “COME AND INVADE ME” flag as it stands…

3 Likes

Is that not the same as seeing vultures circling meaning there is a potential meal ahead? It could be said that your observation is part of game play and should continue. Not arguing here. Just making an observation.

That’s a fair observation. But personally I feel the old hands and players that are aggressive should work harder for their victims by introducing a bit more uncertainty into the game.

On one hand we have the ongoing ridiculous situation of our star spanning computers “forgetting” what was in the system they just left the moment they are outta sensor range:

then

On the other side we have so much standardised info we can pick up just by visiting a system without spending more than seconds in it let alone scanning the planets (Which could and should be automated - but either way should be player instigated at least!)

A bit more variation I feel would bring a bit more balance?

1 Like