Error in PR temperature tolerance

I just colonised a planet with a temp of +4, with PR (says it is too low, even though tolerance is supposed to be -1 C to 45 C)

Check landmass %. If it’s to far from your races ideal landmass % their temperature tolerance range narrows

2 Likes

Another player encountered this yesterday - it is not a bug, but a feature. Guessing very low/high land mass is the cause.

I feel its confusing and unless the screen says exactly why its not viable this will be a recurring thing… IMHO the growth calculation needs to remove the link to landmass…

Like I said in another post, if you have 10 million hectare or 100 million a race would grow at the same rate at the same tempeerature… Populations should indeed be capped based on the landmass but growth not…

This will rage on :smiley:

Hmm when you said “Viable” above it made me think “What if they roll the temp/landmass together in a single Viability Stat?”

Use the usual traffic light system of Red/Amber/Green for “Deadly” “Marginal” “Viable” Then let us guess what combo of temp adjustment & Hydroscopic adjustment would make the planet optimal for our respective races?

I mean they have virtually got that now but putting a simple notice on the Planets page might avoid all this sort of “Is it a bug or a feature/mechanic” confusion.

Idle thought really, as much as I like complications this is not an area that needs it… But I agree I don’t like the fact newer players are wondering if its a bug, anything that irritates the new user is to be avoided.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, when you have the planet view up (not planet info) the temp and landmass appear red when the combination is hostile. I know at one point there was a popup warning when attempting to colonize a planet that was hostile. I don’t know if that was only caused by temp, or if it included landmass in the calculation. It’s been a long time since I’ve tried to take a planet that was inhospitable, so I might be going off old info.

Thanks for posting, I’ll get one of the devs to take a look at this as it’s causing too much confusion.

1 Like