Dev Diary #8 - Merging & Splitting

5 Likes

Got let out early. Ordered kebabs n pizza. And now a mega diary. Happy days…

0 Likes

Love the first steps to creating fleets faster and taking ships you don’t like out. Glad to see that! :grinning:

0 Likes

Could we get a rough estimate of when this is coming out? But as always thanks for the weekly updates.

0 Likes

Looking back, we did things back to front with forming fleets. It should have been possible to form fleets from a higher level to begin with, and only then adding in the ability to zoom in and take more control over tactical positioning…

I wouldn’t worry about this @mel as its just meant the fleets work well from the ground up, we’ve been able to experiment on a fleet positional level from the get go as this has been the most efficient way of doing it thus far. I can see newer players that start with this feature enabled taking a while to realise that ships within a fleet can (& should) be individually positioned. I hope that’s slated for the Tutorial!

This addion in next patch is very welcome but of automation will go a long way to help assemble fleets though. I do hope you’re following the I hate making fleets thread closely. Some good ideas in there that would add this very useful addition Methinks :slight_smile:

0 Likes