Adjusting "Back" button

Just a tiny request here. When using the back button, I would expect it to zoom out from the current planet or ship I am zoomed on. However, this isn’t the case. When zooming out from a planet, the focused area seems to be whatever your view was before zooming in. Since the back button doesn’t zoom out as would be expected, I often find myself “lost.”

Case in point, when zoomed all the way out so you can see your empire, click on any system you own. Zoom in. Then, click on the “Galaxy Overview” button. Click “Zoom in” on any fleet or planet you like. Do this as many times as you like. When you are in an area that is different from your first area, click “Back.” What does your galaxy view look like? Is it the same focused area as before?

It seems that there is some variable storing the zoomed out view. I’d ask, if possible, that this variable be changed to look at what system is being zoomed out from.

Basically, center the view on the item previously selected before “Back” was clicked.

Thanks!

1 Like

I use the mouse wheel to zoom out. That way the camera stays at the spot.

That works I guess, but I feel that the “Back” button still needs a bit of adjustment to do what it is expected to do. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like